Tuesday 16 July 2013

World famous architecture glass painting series


I was quite fascinated by the art of glass painting. It looks like its impossible to produce beautiful art work on glass. It looks harder than it actually easy, infact its a lot easier to paint on glass than on canvas :)
I tried few small glass paintings before I took up the challenge of doing something big such as world famous buildings. My first big one was world famous Taj Mahal. I found crystal art blog very useful. It has so many variety of glass art and techniques are explained very well in detail along with the material required.
It took me quite a while to find the right frame. Its not easy to find glass here and framing is very expensive. Finally I found the right photo frame and started with the first one with gold, unfortunately after two, I ran out of gold so thought that it would be good if I missed silver so restarted the third one with silver. I ran out of silver too, so I did the statue of liberty with gold. I quite enjoyed doing this, I completed this in 3 week nights and I am quite happy with the final product.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment