Thursday 19 September 2013

Egg free, nut free, dairy free cup cakes


Today is my little ones birthday and I have to send cup cakes to school. There are kids in the school with so many allergies and when I spoke to the teacher she said, the cup cakes had to be egg, dairy and nut free. Egg free isn't a problem as we are vegetarians and don't eat eggs anyway but I couldn't find anything in the store that were also nut and dairy free. The bakery people told me that generally its not readily available and it had to be pre ordered. So I decided to make it, I dint have time to test it, I had to make them yesterday. I visited over 100 sites and wasn't very sure of any recipes until I found Sweetrosie's blog. I decided to give it a ago and it turned out really good. I hope kids enjoy them too. The only changes I made to the recipe was, I used olive oil instead of sunflower oil and used apple cider vinegar instead of lemon juice. Thanks Sweetrosie for such a wonderful recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment